Internet of Things SIG Event: Matching market opportunities vs IOT technologies and infrastructures to catalyse funding and investment
The Internet of Things Special Interest Group was established to help stimulate and support an emerging programme of work from within the Technology Strategy Board, linking together existing networks and communities, and providing a platform for collaboration, and for the exploration & development of new innovations.
The SIG is a partnership between the TSB and the Creative Industries, ESP, and ICT Knowledge Transfer Networks. It is supported by the UK Future Internet Strategy Group, an expert group of leading businesses and academics, set up by the TSB to support and advise on internet and digital policy in the UK and EU.
This IOT SIG event is based on the Riffstream# methodology which uses a musical metaphor to provide an interactive environment where players from different disciplines can interact to synthesize and test new ideas and relationships with other participants.
The objectives for this event were:
- To set the ‘Internet of Things’ in a commercial context
- To provide a framework within which technology-led ideas can be coupled to real market opportunities with significant revenues
- To provide an overview of the funding and investment environment for UK IOT SMEs
- To provide an environment where SME’s, corporates and investors can start new business dialogues
- To provide practical insights for SME’s on turning their ideas into sustainable businesses.
- Plenary Presentations and Panel Discussions: Delivered by leading industry representatives providing cutting edge insights
- Showcasing Ideas: Providing a platform for SMEs and creative/digital entrepreneurs to showcase/present their current project ideas relevant to the IoT SIG
- Structured Networking: Opportunities to network with Creative & Digital Technology SMEs, corporates and large media companies to help find potential partners, investors and/or customers.
Date, Time and Venue:
Date: Thursday, November 22nd, 2012
Time: 09:00 to 17:00
Venue: Google Campus, 4-5 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX
Details of the day's programme can be viewed here.
- Members of the following KTNs: ICT, ESP and CI
- Corporates in Healthcare; Education; Retail; Utilities, Logistics & Transport; Media & Content
- Investors and Funders (angels, venture capitalists, private equity, banks and corporates)
- SMEs interested in IOT, especially those already supported by the TSB.
RiffStream#London Content - Videos
Uday Phadke Introduction
Graham Hitchen Introduction
Prof Duncan McFarlane, Cambridge University, Perspective on IoT
Paul Higgins, Crowd Valley, on Crowd Funding
Gonzalo Garcia-Perate, Founder of Hintsights
Damon Rand and Robbie Mouat, BlinkHub
Niall Murphy, Founder and CMO, Evrythng
Jason Warwick, Solutions Director, Arkessa on M2M in an IoT framework
Peter Cowley, Martlet and Cambridge Angels
David Cleevely, Angel Investor and Chairman, Neul