RiffStream#Bangalore-II Digital Innovations in Healthcare: Doing More with Less
Organised by AcceleratorIndia and supported by the Electronics, Sensors & Photonics Knowledge Transfer Network (ESPKTN) in partnership with the UK Science & Innovation Network (UK-SIN), Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP) and run under the aegis of Bangalore Cambridge Innovation Network.
Curated by Dr Uday Phadke and Richard Cawdell, the second such event in Bangalore will use the RiffStream# methodology to explore new ways of facilitating collaboration across sectors, technologies and investors, with the aim of generating new projects and partnerships as the basis for delivering innovation and securing funding.
RiffStream#Bangalore-II focuses on innovations in Healthcare facilitated by mobile, digital, telecoms and computing technologies, leading to new devices, technologies and processes to do more with less to increase the efficiency of treatments. The event will explore the economics of making this a reality not only in the Indian market but also its impact and transferability to international markets.
Additionally, through the Bangalore Cambridge Innovation Network, RiffStream#Bangalore-II will also aim to drive deeper engagement and commercial activity between companies in this space from the two cities' thriving ecosystems.
RiffStream#Bangalore-II is aimed at UK and Indian companies that have market ready products and services in the area of medical devices, medical equipment, affordable & scalable medical technology, mHealth, telemedicine, etc. with an emphasis on improving the efficiency of the treatment.
Key Objectives & Benefits
- To introduce UK “Healthtech” businesses to the vibrant Indian healthcare marketplace.
- To introduce UK businesses to Indian companies and other players in the Healthtech sector to help understand current business models and opportunities.
- To introduce Indian businesses to the UK companies to share current Indian business models and opportunities.
- To generate business potential through connecting UK and Indian businesses in the “Healthtech” market segment together – especially where collaboration is vital to presenting scale.
- To generate research, insight and personal experience, which can be disseminated to the wider networks – extending the impact.
Date, Time and Venue:
Date: Tuesday, September 17th, 2013
Time: 09:00 to 17:30
Venue: C-CAMP, Bangalore, India
|09:00 - 10:00
Registration, Coffee & Networking
|10:00 - 12:30
Inauguration and Key Note
- Welcome by UK Science and Innovation Network, Dr Tom Wells, Deputy Head
- Overview of RiffStream# by Dr Uday Phadke, Exec Chairman, AcceleratorIndia
- Overview of ESPKTN, UK, Richard Foggie, Knowledge Transfer Executive, Electronics, Sensors & Photonics (ESP) KTN
- Key note by Sir Leszek Borysiewicz, Vice Chancellor of University of Cambridge
Theme 1: Innovation in Delivery Systems
- Dr Santanu Chattopadhyay, Founder & Managing Director, Nationwide Doctors - Experience of Innovation in Indian Healthcare
- Dr PK Srinivas MBBS, Head - Public Health, Vittala International Institute of Ophthalmology
Theme 2: Technology Enabled Innovation
- Overview of C-CAMP and the Biotech/Healthcare Ecosystem in Bangalore, Dr. Taslim Saiyed, Director & COO, C-CAMP, India
- Dr Mohanasankar Sivaprakasam, Head - Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre (HTIC) on Impacting Healthcare through Collaborative Technology Innovations
- Dr Tom Stone, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust - Advances in Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering
- Saneth Wijayaratna, Pousache - Innovations from the NHS
|12:30 - 13:30
Lunch & Networking
|13:30 - 15:30
Theme 3: Regulation
- Mr Balram Sankaran, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum - Regulations in Medical Technology Development
Theme 4: Point Solutions
- Microlife - WatchBP - Blood Pressure Measurement Solutions.
- Plessey Semiconductors - Medical Sensors.
- Asuuta Ltd - Stroke Mobility Rehabilitation.
- EyeJusters - Adjustable Glasses.
|15:30 - 16:00
Coffee & Networking
|16:00 - 17:30
Theme 5: Tele-Health
- Dr Vijai Singh, Innovations in Telemedicine and Health Informatics: Narayana Hrudayalaya's Experience
- Red Embedded Systems Ltd - Telehealth Services.
- Amano Technologies - Assistive Technologies for Healthcare Practitioners.
Concluding remarks and next actions by Richard Cawdell, Sector Lead, AcceleratorIndia