RiffStream#Bangalore-I - MedTech and Medical Devices: Catalysing UK-India collaborations to address India’s growing low-cost medical devices markets
Organised by the HealthTech & Medicines Knowledge Transfer Network (Health KTN) in partnership with the Information & Communications Technology Knowledge Transfer Network (ICTKTN), TSB, the UK Science & Innovation Network (UK-SIN) and AcceleratorIndia.
Curated by Dr Uday Phadke, the event in Bangalore will use the RiffStream# methodology to explore new ways of facilitating collaboration across sectors, technologies and investors, with the aim of generating new projects and partnerships as the basis for delivering innovation and securing funding.
Date, Time and Venue:
Date: Tuesday, February 5th, 2013
Time: 09:00 to 20:00
Venue: The (Taj) Gateway Hotel, Residency Road, Bangalore, India
Presentations from innovators and influencers from the UK and Indian Smart Power sector
Presentations from a wide range of UK and Indian companies on their products, services and business models
Structured Interaction and Networking environment where UK and Indian companies can start the process of building potentially valuable commercial relationships
Details of the day's programme can be viewed here.
This event was aimed at Indian and UK companies that have market ready products and services in the area of medical devices, medical equipment, affordable & scalable medical technology, etc.
Key Objectives & Benefits
- To introduce UK “medtech” businesses to the vibrant Indian healthcare marketplace.
- To introduce UK businesses to Indian companies in the medtech sector, investors and finance network in order to understand current business models and opportunities.
- To introduce Indian businesses to the UK investors and finance network in order to share current local Indian business models and opportunities.
- To generate business potential through connecting UK and Indian businesses in a “medtech” market segment together – especially where collaboration is vital to presenting scale.
- To generate research, insight and personal experience, which can be disseminated to the wider knowledge transfer networks – extending the impact.
A blog on the event published at the FCO Blog website can be accessed from here.
A selection of videos from RiffStream#Bangalore-I are presented in Catalyzt, Cartezia's publishing platform that provides insight, analysis, and expert opinions on Building Technology Businesses from Cartezia’s core team and members of its extended global network.
Introduction to RiffStream#Bangalore - Uday Phadke
Early detection of Cervical disease - Sameer Kothari, Zilico
Smart devices - David Wright, VIVO Smart Medical Devices
Low-cost Tablet Press - Dipankar Dey, Gamlen Tableting